Free Pet Weighing Service
Is your dog the right weight?
Our free pet weighing services are available in all areas covered by our Trophy Nutritional Advisers.
Around 40% of all dogs in the U.K. are now overweight or obese. The PFMA Size-O -Meter guide is an excellent starting point. Use this as a guide to see what your dog should look like. Then we advice to:
- Reduce food intake.
- Choose a calorie reduced dog food - see recommendations below.
- Develop and stick to an increased exercise routine.
- Feed two or three small meals per day, rather than one large meal per day.
- Follow the feeding amounts recommended on the bag and never overfeed. Feed a fixed amount each day.
- Monitor your dog’s weight – get your local Trophy Nutritional Adviser to weigh your dog each month – this service is free.
- Keep referring to the PFMA Size–O-Meter. You should be able to easily feel but not see the ribs.
- Do not feed any treats or titbits, no matter how hard this may be!
- Never feed human food.
- Keep a food diary, so the whole family can see what the dog has eaten so far on any one day.
Weight loss in a dog is a slow and steady process and can take up to 6 months to see a significant difference. But keep going, getting your dog to the right weight for him or her will have so many good long term benefits and will make them fit and healthy.
Remember calories and food intake need to be reduced and exercise needs to be increased.
Recommended products: Trophy Premium Lite, Trophy Premium Grain Free Weight Control, Trophy Chicken, Rice & Veg.